Wednesday, August 15, 2012

#4- The Fault In Our Stars By John Green

#4- The Fault In Our Stars

Rating- 10/10

Let me just say this now, a rating of 10 out of 10 should clearly let everyone know how much this book moved me, and giving a perfect rating isn't something that happens often. This book deserved full points and even more in my eyes. I pre-ordered this book and received it at 1:30pm the day it came out, squealed a little bit (yeah I was that excited) and then sat down on the couch and didn't stop reading until I'd finished three hours later. 

The story is about a girl named Hazel, who has terminal cancer and although she has a drug therapy that is keeping her alive, she knows that her life has a terminal sentence. 

She goes to a cancer support group weekly and usually dreads it, until one day when Augustus Waters shows up. He has a sweet smile, a wicked sense of humor, and can't seem to take his eyes off of Hazel (to her dismay).

After group he comes up to her, shares a witty way of introducing himself and from there, the love story takes off. It has the feel of star-crossed lovers. Two teens who meet under unfortunate circumstances and bond over their shared knowledge that life can be taken away from them at any time.

TFIOS is heightened by use of wonderful comparisons, exciting adventures, helpful secondary characters, and a truly honest depiction of teenage love.

The book follows their beautiful love story, with all of the laughter and tears I joined right in with the characters emotions. 

Its not too often that a book stays with you long after reading it, and this book did much more than that. The instant I finished reading I felt an immediate desire to pick it right back up and re-read it from the beginning again, just so the story wouldnt have to end.

Of all the books (so far) on this list, I would suggest reading this one most of all. John Green is an incredible writer, with the ability to create a story that makes you bond with the characters in such a way that it feels like a loss when the last page is turned. Do yourself a favor and buy this book.


“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” - John Green, The Fault In Our Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all comments and I'd love to hear your opinions! Let me know what you think about the post, dialogue is always appreciated.